1. Learning how to respond to mistakes is essential for success. What is your opinion?
2. “It was the proudest moment.” Write about a time when you felt like this.
3. Describe a great celebration that you part in.
4. Which modern invention is essential for you and your family and which one could you and your family live without? Explain your views.
5. Do you agree that we can learn from the mistakes of others or do we need to learn from our own experiences?
6. The world would be a very dull place without music’ What are your views?
7. Do electronic devices, such as tablets or smart phones, help or hinder students in their studies?
8. People all over the world are living longer. What are the advantages and disadvantages of their increased life expectancy?
学习提示：想提高写作就先累计阅读量，在新加坡可同时阅读《联合早报》或《The Straits Times》, 重大新闻一般都有会中英文报道，有选择性的阅读可快速对比单词，减少阅读非母语文章的枯燥。
Learning Tips: In the Cambridge ‘O’ Level English exam, essay writing accounts for 70% of the marks (highest%) and students have 1 hour 50 minutes to complete three types of questions: Editorial Writing (correcting grammatical errors and writing in the correct format); Situational Writing (writing a 250-350 word essay based on a given situation); and Continuous Writing (writing a 350-500 word essay in essay form on one of four topics). If student attend this exam in Singapore, they can read《The Straits Times》 and 《Lian He Zao Bao》, where major news stories are usually reported in both English and Chinese news paper, and selective reading allows student to compare words quickly and reduces the tedium of reading non-native texts.